Thursday, January 15, 2015

2014-A lookback

                                                       || OM NAMAH SHIVAYA ||


First of all, wishing all the readers Happy New Year.

This is my first post of the new year 2015.

The post is about 2014, a Look back. I will be writing my highs,my lows.

Overall, 2014 has been a year for me where I have explored a new dimension of my own life.

I never thought that I will be passing through such ardous journey, but then, as lord krishna says to yudhistira, the past is gone, future is yet to come.

My highs of 2014:


  • An event which I hosted at Bosch DIY square, sarjapur road, when I was working at BMOSC. This really has changed my entire outlook, and my personality transformed a lot. I met wonderful people and my learning process continued.
  • Getting shortlisted for SPJIMR, PGPM. This was something miraculous. I was totally down and out, and then, this came. This has given me a confidence that I also belong to the league of Ivy League B-schools, such as ISB and IIM. Let us see what's in store for the future, as I am not desperate to do MBA as my real love and passion are Science, Technology and Engineering.
  • A visit at my parent's place ShivGangai, by driving!!!! Yes, for the first time, I got a chance to drive on highway. I visited my parent's place, with my family, wife Pratima and daughter Prateeksha. Unfortunately, both of my brothers did not accompany us in this journey. But this time, my elder brother and sister in law is visiting this place, so we are again going to this place, and yes, Driving!!!!
  • My brother's short visit to the USA.
  • Visiting IISC Bangalore, an open day event at that place, where all the gadgets,machines,instruments, were displayed. Was a wonderful opportunity and I learned how to do Science.
  • Fitness, which I am still maintaining, but I think that my fitness levels have improved leaps and bounds, though, no compromises with fitness.

Now the LOWS:

  • This is the most depressing moment of my life, which unfortunately happened in the year 2014. I lost one of my aunt, whom we fondly used to call 'Atte', when we were kids and were staying in new delhi.She was diagnosed with cancer. Rama Atte, I Will Always Miss You. 
  • Lost job in the month of February 2014, due to downsizing and budget issues. This is third job loss which I have suffered, but then, it is fine, as I know that my skills level are very high, and, who knows, I may get an opportunity to work with my heroes in the field of software.
  • Separation from BMOSC. One of the toughest call which I had to make, probably, worse than losing the job, but then, I am fine with it. It is just that life has to move on. But hey, I don't have anything against anyone, because, whatever I am today, it is largely due to these people.Thanks for providing me the opportunity to work with this great organization BMOSC.
  • Not to able to convert the SPJIMR PGPM, beacuse, I could not score 600 in GMAT.
  • Not able to convert any of the job interview, I don't know where am I going wrong.  I hope that I quickly get back to the industry, but this time, with my dream job, well, I mean, it is ok, everyone has right to dream. ;)

Looking ahead for a great year. And, God, just be kind to me, as you always have been, never ever left me at any moment and never ever leave me in the future also.


                                               || JAI BHAGWANA PARASHURAMA ||

No comments: